Power Plant Simulator & Designer is a world standard program for designing steam generators
- design mode
- off design mode
- transient mode
Natural Circulation calculation
This pressure drop will be taken into account:
- Friction in pipes
- Draft gain and losses
- Inlet and outlet pressure drops
- Orifices (if applicable)
- Pressure drop through impact (acceleration through evaporation)
- Manual inserted pressure losses (e.g. valves, test devices etc. if applicable)
- etc.At the 2 phase flow the pressure drop is much bigger than in one phase flow. This is taken in account with the 2 phase factor, this factor is calculated automatically.
- Additionally the void fraction is considered (phase slip i.e. the steam bubbles rise faster than the water). In consequence the density is higher and the circulation numbers a bit lower.
- Also we calculate the critical steam quality and the flow pattern.
- Calculation of Stagnation
WHRB (Waste Heat Recovery Boilers) or WHB (Waste Heat Boilers) can be also designed and calculated with PPSD
ISCC Integrated Solar Combined Cycle